Thursday, November 14, 2013

Tap into your Tapas!!!!!

Hello Health & Image Society!

Activate your will within to get things done today! 
Today is all about Tapas!!!!! -Sanskrit for "The fire that burns within that is needed for the sanyasi to achieve the very difficult goal of enlightenment, to foster self control, one mindedness and focus, simplicity, wisdom, integrity.





I am also going back to weekly setting & observing my Yamas and Niyamas so that I can activate the fire within myself! What better than to set my goal for the day/week and stick to it?!
I have been in sort of a slump and my will power has been low this week. 
Even as a Pranic Healer this can happen to us. That's why it's important to meditate, Align and Balance your chakras.

Yama is a sanskrit word that means self restraint, self control and discipline.
Niyama is sanskrit for "restraint", "observance", "rule", "restriction".
Ever since my Yoga Training in Puerto Rico over a year ago, I would set up 1 Yama and 1 Niyama and focus on them throughout the week; which was suggested by my teacher.  
It helped me to be more organized, disciplined; aware of my behaviors and actions.
I've always done these practices before yoga, but now I was more Conscious of them and that makes a big difference!

I posted a link below so that you can read up on the Yamas and Niyamas.  There are 5 each. See how you can incorporate them into your life; ON and OFF the mat! 
Read Up on Tapas which I am pairing with Saucha and see how you can let your fire ignite today!
Be Blessed & Namaste.

http://www.yogamag.net/archives/2009/ajan09/y&n.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment